You've probably thought about where you will live in retirement and how you plan to spend your time. But do you know how much income you will need to pay for the type of retirement you want? With Social Security's uncertain future, as well as the increasing cost of healthcare, you need to formulate a retirement strategy with an income stream—available from annuities—that you can't outlive.
In The Income Revolution, you will learn what questions to ask and what planning you should do, whether you are years away from retirement or expecting to retire in the near future. This book will help you:
• Understand why pensions are disappearing and what you can do if you don't have one
• Reallocate your portfolio to reduce your risk from market volatility
• Figure out whether you can afford the retirment lifestyle you have chosen
• Find levers to fill an income gap
• Work with insurance agents and financial planners to find out how much monthly income you need
• Learn the differences between fixed and variable annuities
• Figure out what type of annuity to consider
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Joseph Stark is an insurance industry veteran with more than 25 years of experience. He is an expert in annuities and retirement income planning.
Peter Sander is an author, researcher and consultant in the fields of personal finance, business, and location reference.